Manitoba is a Canadian province bordered by Ontario to the east and Saskatchewan to the west. Its landscape of lakes and rivers, mountains, forests and prairies stretches from northern Arctic tundra to Hudson Bay in the east and southern farmland. Much wilderness is protected in more than 80 provincial parks, where hiking, biking, canoeing, camping and fishing are all popular. International students, skilled workers, and entrepreneurs from all over the world are making Manitoba their new home. Manitoba offers high employment, affordability, and peaceful living in the heart of Canada.
Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program
The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) offers different programs with characteristics suggesting a strong likelihood of becoming successfully and permanently established in Manitoba, an opportunity to be assessed as candidates who can make a positive contribution to the provincial economy and, therefore, nominated for Permanent Resident Status in Canada.
You can apply for MPNP and become permanent resident through one of the following streams
Employer Direct Stream
International Student Stream
Do you know?
95% of international students recommend Canada as a study destination!!
Family Support Stream
General Stream, skilled worker
MPNP Faqs !
The Federal skilled worker class is a system based on points which gives permanent resident status to qualified applicants who show an ability to become economically established in Canada. There are six main selection factors for assessment which comprise of 100 points. Scoring 67 out of these 100 points makes the candidate eligible for the main selection process in which candidates with a lesser age, higher education, more work experience and a high band of IELTS score qualify to receive the invitation.
Applications submitted under the Federal skilled worker class undergo a two-stage assessment process.
To qualify under the First-Stage, skilled worker applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Eliminatory condition:
- Possess at least one year of applicable experience in one of 50 major high demand occupations (health, skilled trades and finance) OR
- Possess an approved offer of “Arranged Employment”; OR
- Legally living in Canada for a minimum of one year as a temporary foreign worker and have received a permanent full time employment offer from current employer; OR
- Are enrolled in good standing in a Canadian PhD program and have completed at least two years of the program or graduated within the 12 months preceding the application.
- Applicants who meet one of the above eliminatory conditions will be eligible for continued processing as a skilled worker under a second-stage at which time they must also meet each of the following essential selection conditions:
- Essential selection conditions:
- Possess one-year, within the previous 10 years, of suitable continuous full-time paid work experience or the equivalent in part-time continuous employment; AND
- The work experience must be classified within Skill Type 0 (Managerial Occupations), Skill Level A (Professional Occupations), or Skill Level B (Technical Occupations and Skilled Trades) within the meaning of the National Occupational Classification system; AND
- Score sufficient points under the skilled worker point grid comprising of six selection factors. The current pass mark is 67 points; AND
- Possess suitable settlement funding; AND
- Undergo a successful security background and medical examination.